Monday, November 13, 2006

I Finally Figured It Out....(I think)

After all of these years... I have been hearing my family talk about how my sorry ass grandfather has a mistress and how wrong that is and how strong and enduring my grandmother is for staying with her man inspite of. I had formed my opinion of my grandfather long ago when he stopped speaking to me because I started dating his mistresses niece and ended up being on his turf alot (I think he did a cartwell when we broke up)...Nevertheless I never stopped to think that maybe he has a reason to do what he does. And after years of debate the jury is in !! Turns out the negro has had a reason all along. During a recent visit to my country home I ran into an older lady that claimed she recognized me and that she was my Aunt, I told her I was positive that I didnt know her and then I told her who my dad and grand-parents were....she proceeds to tell me that she knows what they tell me but do I want to hear the truth...I'm like WTF (cue dramatic music)... She tells me that my grand mother had an affair years ago with her brother and from that fling my dad was conceived (I always thought my dad didnt look like his dad but what the hell I dont look like my dad.. big deal). Then this woman tells me to question my youngest aunt about who HER father is....at this point I am about ready to dismiss this old broad and tell her to get out of my bidness, but 1 has to respect his elders. I call my aunt and tell her about the event that popped off and she tells me (shortned version) that out of 6 kids only 2 belong to the man that I call "grandfather" (more dramatic music)....I can see how over the years an affair may pop off but GOTDAMN how you go and have 4 kids by 3 other Africans and expect to keep a faithful husband ?? So now I see why my Grandma dont say shit when someone on the usher board tells her that they saw Mista (my granfather) and Ceily (his mistress) together at the grocery store, Hell I guess after all of these years He just dosen't give a Monkey's Ass what people say, shit look at what he's done over the years. Raise 4 kids that are the products of infidelity, and attempt to show some signs of a decent marriage, I applaud him for that. But my question is WHY STAY TOGETHER !! Finally I figured out why my grandma dont say shit, 'cause she can't........ I need to ask my Mom why dont I look like my Dad (What do ya'll think)
1

(I also need to ask Ceily's niece why she broke it off with me. I'd bet my playa hating ass grndfather had something to do with that...I'm still trying to figure all of this shit out)

11 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

ummm, damn.
don't go stirring the pot....leave your momma alone!
....so ummm, who do you look like? or rather....what do you look like?

*wink*

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol that sounds like something out of a movie. I think your grandparents stayed together because when they probably wanted to leave that was not really an option. But 4 outside kids. Damn, that is some shit right there.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger La Diva Latina said...

Whoooo, were you dizzy when you found out, did time sort of slow-mo around you? That's some craziness...I got a similar story about finding out one of my family secrets...Every family has 'em...
LOL @ asking the niece..

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Shai said...

Whoa that is alot. Sad too.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger 1InTheSame said...

To Blah: Advice taken...I wont stir the pot..I cant really say who or what I look like, I've been told that I look like my mom..If I say too much then I am arrogant if I say too little I am not self confident so I'll post a picture soon.

To Miz JJ: I dont think I could stay married after that option or not...that is just crazy...Thanksgiving should be interesting this year !!

To CurlyCurvyNervy: I took it all in stride, nothing seems to surprise me, especially when dealing with my family. You are correct when saying every family has secrets..I have a feeling this is just the tip of an iceberg.The niece needs to be confronted dont you think ??

To Shai: I am curious to know how the rest of my aunts and uncles feel...I havent even talked to my dad about it..Good Holiday conversation huh ??

To all: Thanks for stopping by !!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger thee modern isis said...

yeah, that was interesting.

I'm even more mad you have them the names Mista and Ceily. lol

-Isis

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

The answer you will get to your question about why they stayed together is: That's how folks did it back in those days.

End of story.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger 1InTheSame said...

To Isis: I could think of no better names for them....They fit definitely..

To Dynasty: Simply put...But DAMN !! Still what made them be like that ??

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger nikki said...

DAYUM.

and here i thought my family had their twists and turns. lol@'cue dramatic music'. why was i cueing it in my head for real?

i'm with dynasty...that's how they did it back in the day. my granny had a cheating husband too. hell, he beat her ass as well. she didn't leave him. both my uncles who just died have wives they hadn't lived with for decades...women who are gonna get all they left behind cuz they aren't divorced.

meanwhile, i wish my granny had been a little selfish. i'd much rather praise her for having the courage to leave than for having the patience to stay.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Dayum dude! How do you feel after hearing all of that?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger 1InTheSame said...

To Nikki.. Dramatic music always needs to be playing when speaking of my family...

To Slish.. I was cool when I heard initially, but I had to verify with my aunt..afterwards (dramatic music) that was some hard shit to swallow...especially since everyone is so damned tight lipped about it..

To Rab Mack.. My only research was talking to my aunt..I'll take that as Gospel.
I'll accept that "cool looking cat" comment, I will get aroung to posting a pic. I'll be back !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home